Sunday, June 11, 2017

First Stop: Vashon Sheep Dog Trials!

My Guest Appearance at a Great Festival

My first two days at the Vashon Sheep Dog Classic have been a blast! Yesterday was Worldwide Knit it Public Day--and knit they did! Knitters of all levels have been contributing to me and I am taking on a lovely shape. But first, a few images from the weekend. Check out these GIANT balls of yarn along with their needles and drop spindle. It took a watering trough to hold them!


At midday, when they bring in a fresh flock of sheep for those dogs to chase around the field, these C-UTE piping and drumming girls play for the crowd. They have been playing at the Trials for several years and have become Vashon celebrities here.


There is lots of spinning going on in the Fiber Village here at the Trials. These ladies enjoy demonstrating their skills in this ancient craft to visitors, young and old.



And, of course, quite a few knitters added to my size:

My mom could not wait...she is blocking me (so far) today. Photos tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment