Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Traveling Scarf Embarks

June 4, 2017    Vashon Island, Washington

I am the Traveling Scarf. My mommy birthed (knitted) my beginnings in Pahoa on the Big Island of Hawaii in the USA back in  May of 2017, using a silvery wool yarn that she handspun from an unknown sheep on Vashon Island.
Now I am ready to embark on my journey, which may or may not take me around the world, depending on my mom’s whim. 

Accompanying me is a sweet little journal where contributors can record something about themselves and how they added to my size.

Look at the cute knitting needles I’m sporting. My mom’s friend Myra Willingham on Vashon Island offered them to us to travel along and help the friends we make add to my growth. Myra had them custom made by Twin Birch Products for the 2017 VashonSheep Dog Classic, which is my first stop. Notice the sheep dogs on the heads—one has his tongue stuck out panting after apparently successfully penning a herd of sheep!

The Sheep Dog Trials begin on Friday, June 9...I am very excited to begin meeting my creators.

No comments:

Post a Comment